In our lab, we design and develop innovative integrative micro-technologies for the spatio-temporal control of human stem cell culture environment. We aim at understanding how biochemical-biomechanical stimuli and cell 3D spatial arrangement affect cellular functions and cell differentiation towards specific human tissues.
We have one open position for a lab technician, focused on molecular biology.
1. Bachelor degree in one of the following majors: Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology or similar.
2. Master degree or PhD will be preferred.
3. Minimum two-year working experience in analogous position in research centers or private companies is required, if not having Master degree or PhD.
4. Solid experience in standard molecular biological assays, such as immunofluorescence, rtPCR, qPCR, plasmid cloning, blotting, flow cytometry, ELISA.
5. Experience in fluorescence and confocal microscopy will be preferred.
6. Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
Maintaining a functional unit to perform biological assays. Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Making orders of required material.
2. Verifying the functionality of the instrumentation used and collaborating with instruments technical support.
3. Planning the biological assay work, also interfacing with students, postdocs, and professors within the lab, for efficiently performing characterization assays with proper timing.
4. Performing biological assays as instructed.
5. Maintaining documentation and standardizing lab protocols for performing biological assays.
6. Getting skilled on new analysis techniques.