China is wholeheartedly supporting Shanghai’s developing into a city of innovations and Pudong District is undoubtedly the center of innovations in Shanghai. ShanghaiTech University, located at the center of Pudong, is regarded as the key innovation power. If you want to participate in the innovations and eager to see the broad impacts of your innovations, you are cordially invited to join Prof. Xiliang Luo’s research group where innovations start melting into your blood.
Professor Xiliang Luo and his research group in ShanghaiTech University are seeking for highly motivated postdoctoral research fellow/research assistant professor candidates with interests on enabling theory and technologies for next-generation wireless communication networks and information processing, including but not limited to:
- interference coordination and management
- massive MIMO
- mm wave
- heterogeneous networks
- cognitive radios
- cloud RAN
- signal processing for big data
- signal processing on graphs
- indoor positioning etc.
Prof. Luo joined ShanghaiTech University as an associate professor in the School of Information Science and Technology in August 2014. Before that, Prof. Luo worked in Qualcomm Research at San Diego for more than 8 years, where he was working on the theories and designs for next-generation wireless communications. In 2015, Prof. Luo was selected to the national “Yong 1000-Talents Program” and the “Shanghai 1000-Talents Plan”.
(1) For postdoc research fellow, you need to have PhD degree in electrical engineering with emphasis on signal processing and communication theory or related areas. For research assistant professor, you need to have some previous postdoc experience.
(2) Good publication track record in international conferences and journals.
(3) Good communication skills and capability of co-supervising graduate students.
(4) Fluent in oral and written English.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary for this position will be highly competitive, commensurate with experience and academic accomplishment.
Meanwhile, since this is sponsored by world-top wireless companies, you will have lots of chances to work closely with the top research engineers there defining and shaping next generation communication technologies. Meanwhile, you will have chances to attend the world’s standardization meetings as a delegate.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit (all in English) the following materials:
- a cover letter
- a CV including copies of 3 representative publications
- and three letters of reference
to: firstname.lastname@example.org, cc email@example.com
Deadline: No fixed deadline. Good candidates are welcome to apply at any time.
Discipline: Bioinformatics, Computational, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Engineering, Informatics, Information Technology, Mathematics, Nanotechnology, Postdoctoral, Renewable Energy, Signal Transduction.