Research Associate/Assistant Professor positions in bio-imaging beamline endstation at Shanghai-XFEL Beamline Project, ShanghaiTech University
Author: Date: 2017-02-09 Browse: 1875
Research Associate/Assistant Professor positions in bio-imaging beamline endstation at Shanghai-XFEL Beamline Project
Shanghai soft X-ray free electron laser (Shanghai-XFEL) beamline project is one of major national scientific and technological infrastructure projects, which is funded by National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC). The objective of the project is to provide high-performance research platform with XFEL for scientists in various fields such as physics, chemistry, biology and materials. The Bio-imaging endstation, as the first batch of endstations at Shanghai-XFEL, will provide coherent diffraction imaging (CDI) as well as other analytical methods such as holography, pump -probe microscopy and mass spectroscopy.
Now 2 research associate or assistant professor positions are available to develop intelligent software and hardware for bio-imaging endstation at Shanghai-XFEL. These positions will include the development of data processing and analysis, beamline control, and data collection software as part of a multi-institutional team. We invite highly motivated individuals with a Ph.D. degree to work with us in these exciting research areas.
(1) Conduct research independently.
(2) Participate in the Shanghai-XFEL Beamline Project, including design of bio-imaging endstation at the Shanghai- XFEL;
(3) Contribute to the development of related instruments (such as CDI instrument) at the endstation;
(4) Help supervising students
(1) Ph.D. degree in physics, material science, optics or related areas.
(2) Knowledge and working experience on coherent diffraction imaging, the complex system of instrumentation at synchrotron or XFEL facility will be given special consideration.
(3) Good publication record in X-ray imaging/XFEL/synchrotron instruments, or related areas.
(4) Good communication skills and capability of co-supervising research students.
(5) Fluent in oral and written English.
3. Salary and benefits
We provide very competitive salary and benefits including health benefits for this post. Starting salary will be competitive at the international level and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
(1) The application should be submitted by the recruitment system of Shanghaitech University (http://jobs.shanghaitech.edu.cn/). The workflow include registration, filling personal information and applying for desired position.
(2) Qualified applicants are also invited to submit a cover letter, a CV including copies of three representative publications, and two letters of reference to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Deadline: Review of applications will start immediately and will continue until positions are filled.