Accepting applications for a Technician position (bioengineering) in Prof. Nicola Elvassore’s lab in the Shanghai Institute for Advanced Immunochemical Studies (SIAIS) at Shanghaitech University
Author: Date: 2017-02-16 Browse: 1712
Accepting applications for a Technician position in Prof. Nicola Elvassore’s lab in the Shanghai Institute for Advanced Immunochemical Studies (SIAIS) at Shanghaitech University.
In our lab, we perform research at the interface between human stem cell biology and biotechnology/biological engineering.
We have one open position for a lab technician, focused on bioengineering.
1. Bachelor degree in one of the following majors: Engineering, Biotechnology or similar.
2. Master degree or PhD will be preferred.
3. Minimum two-year working experience in analogous position in research centers or private companies is required, if not having Master degree or PhD.
4. Experience in at least one of the following topics: microfluidics, hydrogels, micropatterning, 3D printing, biomaterials, bioreactors or similar.
5. Experience in technical software, such as CAD, Labview, Photoshop will be preferred.
6. Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Learning protocols for multiple biotechnological applications and being able to perform them independently multiple times with reproducibility.
2. Coordinating work with students, postdocs, and professors within the lab.
3. Maintaining documentation and standardizing lab protocols.
4. Performing small optimizations on protocols.
5. Verifying the functionality of the instrumentation used and collaborating with instruments technical support.